Friday, March 15, 2013

The "Hot Now" Sign...

1 Thessalonians 5:19 says "Do not put out the spirit's fire"....

For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm addicted to Krispy Kreme doughnuts about as much as I love those Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes. After spending the week at Baptist hospital, I frequently looked out the window and stared to see when the "Hot Now" sign lit up bright red at the Krispy Kreme doughnut shop across the street.  As I sat there and stared out the window, I thought about how there is something we can learn from that sign. How something that happens periodically throughout today can attract so many people to indulge in a tasty little pastry that satisfies our sweet tooth.

What if we had a light that came on frequently throughout the day that attracted people to us? What if we had a "Hot Now" sign? God wants us to have a "Hot Now" sign for Him. Often times we spend our lives going through the motions and allow distractions and more important things pry for our time. We fail to speak our heart, help a stranger, read the Good Book or even pray not only during difficult times but in the good times as well. This past week I thought how fast life passes and how we should never take any day for granted. Don't get to the end of your life and ask "what if I would have given everything instead of going through the motions." In our daily lives it's easy to get in a rut and a routine. We fail to share our faith with people, we fail to lend a helping hand because we are tired or we fail to reach out in fear of rejection.

I have challenged myself to let my "Hot Now" sign shine brightly. I want to glow and let people know that I'm "Hot" for the Lord. After this past week being involved in a life/death situation it makes you realize how good God truly is. He needs us to attract people, to share our faith and encourage others that with God on their side anything is possible.

So next time you see the "Hot Now" sign lit up, think to yourself.....What do people think about when they look at me? Do I have a smile on my face, do I love life, do I encourage others or do I simply say a simple hello?

Let your "Hot Now" sign shine brightly every day!

One of my favorite Verses:

Romans 12:9-18

"Love must be without hypocrisy. Detest evil; cling to what is good. Show family affection to one another with brotherly love. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lack diligence; be fervent in spirit; serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope; be patient in affliction; be persistent in prayer. Share with the saints in their needs; pursue hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep. Be in agreement with one another. Do not be proud; Instead, associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own estimation. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Try to do what is honorable in everyone's eyes. If possible, on your part, live at peace with everyone."




No comments:

Post a Comment