Sunday, April 15, 2018

Blame it on the Rain

Today, as rain and chilly temperatures cover most of the state, I want to encourage you to find time for yourself. Blame it on the rain or blame it on just needing to refresh and renew your spirit. The Bible mentions numerous times our need for rest so that we are able to thank Him for the blessings that He pours on each of us in our lives. We all at times get caught up being so busy, we literally forget to just be still and quiet. I know I'm often guilty of this frequently in my life. I don't know how to say "no." I feel I'm not being productive if I'm sitting still. 
My plans this afternoon are to take a couple of hours and participate in the Sabbath, a day of rest. God intended for Sunday to be a day of celebrating His love for us, followed by rest. I encourage all of you today to read a good book, watch a good podcast, write in a journal of your weekly blessings or just take a deep breath. Take a walk outside and let the raindrops remind you of God's continuous showers of His love. Listen to worship music, dust off your old guitar or sit in your favorite chair and pray for the week ahead. Find a place to just be peaceful. It is in the still and quiet places where we can most feel God's presence. I know we get tangled in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives that we  forget to replenish our souls. 
Don't be afraid to blame your relaxing, prayerful and calm day on the rain. So many times we repeatedly spend our days with to-do lists that we forget that not only our bodies, but our souls need rest. I once heard that "It's not so much how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted." - Mary O'Connor
Happy Sunday my friends. Take time and spend with God. Inhale, Exhale be thankful!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment