Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Let me tell you a secret about a Father's Love...

I apologize for not posting  the past 2 weeks. We have been in the middle of camps and then I took a few days to relax and recharge the batteries. In honor of Father's Day 2 weekends ago I wanted to write about one of my favorite songs. "Love Without End, Amen" by George Strait. This song is very special to me because those of you that no me well know that I'm super close to my dad and he took Suzanne and I to see George Strait several years ago in Nashville. I remember him singing this song and dad looking at both of us saying how much he loved us....I'm so blessed to have not only my Father in heaven, but a father here on Earth that has been such a wonderful role model of how to live, to give and guide us in all we do.

In our world today, people may have many Father figures. Some are not fortunate to have their dads around, some have step fathers, some have men in their lives that they look up to for guidance and advice. We all have one Father, though, that is there for us no matter what. Our Father in Heaven who cares for us, forgives us when we fall short and as the song says loves us with no end. He never leaves us, His fellowship is free and He wants to spend time with us. Never doubt that love He has for us.

As I took some time off, I thought alot about life and how certain situations happen that enable us to remind ourselves of how great Our God really is. It's never on our time, but His time. He puts people in our lives, He directs us to follow certain paths and He is always there walking beside us helping us to discover the meaning of each of these. So as you go through your summer days, take time to enjoy your family, your friends and most of all your Father who loves you without end, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment