Monday, February 11, 2013

Dating Jesus

Since this is Valentines Day Week.....here is a little thought about relationships.

Relationships are some of the most complicated areas in our short life. Friendships and dating often involve much of our time and energy. Some can be negative and some can be positive. I feel very blessed to have some great friends in my life. As I get older, the statement "good friends are hard to find" becomes more and more true. Trust and communication are two of the most important aspects of relationships. Sometimes we get so caught up in finding the right mate, fitting in and finding friends that we neglect the one person who loves us unconditionally and wants to be in a relationship with us.....God. He is always trustworthy and always ready to listen to us.

God doesn't judge our past, he doesn't judge our looks, he doesn't care how much money we make and he doesn't care what our status may be. He is never late for a date and always on time when we need him. He has given us so many gifts that we take for granted each day. He does not intend for us to devote all of our time and energy in pleasing our friends or significant others. He wants us to "get to know Him." So plan a date with God this week. Talk to Him, thank Him, Praise Him for all the blessings that He gives us every day. He gave us the greatest gift of all.....He loved us so much He died on the cross for our sins. Now that my friends is "Love."

We all have a choice. You can accept God's invitation to have a close relationship with Him or you can just continue to wander around in a lukewarm, comfortable environment and proclaim you have the truth. But that kind of truth will not set you free! Get to know Him....He is waiting! Matthew 11:28-29

When I don't listen to Christian radio, those of you know me know I love country music. There is a song out right now called "Beer with Jesus." I don't particularly agree with the title, but the song has some really great lyrics. Perhaps you can substitute "Coke" or "Tea" for the beer.  Here is a link to the song.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/thomas-rhett/855115/beer-with-jesus.jhtml

So plan a date with Jesus! This Valentine's Day Jesus will be my Valentine because He loves me much more than anyone on this Earth ever well!

Have a great week!


Verse of the week:

Proverbs 8:17   I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.


1 comment:

  1. Alli, you are absolutely right! It's incredible the many locations in the Bible where we're called to "know" God and His Son, Jesus.

    There are 2 I can think of just now, 2 Peter 1 where we're encouraged to add to our faith the attributes of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverence, etc that we might "grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ". I love that. I can't recall exactly the location, but, we are told that, "this is eternal life; that you ould know God and His Son, Jesus Christ"

    So, you're really onto something here, my dear Sister in Jesus Christ!!

    Love you

    Bill Poirier

    ReplyDelete