Monday, February 18, 2013

Trust the Process


Trust the process:

It’s quite amazing what we can learn from kids. As many of you know my family and I are avid Vandy fans. My nephew Parker has continued the tradition and loves his black and gold when he is not cheering for Alabama....his dad is a huge AL fan. 
He loves going to the football games and can quote James Franklin’s post game locker room sessions like you can’t believe. In one of his post game talks to the team, he talked about Trusting the Process. This phrase has stuck out in my mind about many different aspects of our lives....sports, friendships, education, jobs and our relationship with God. 

Our short lives here on Earth are a process. Starting when we are born, we must learn to crawl before we walk, walk before we run. This is a process and doesn’t happen over night. When we begin our long journey in education, we first go to kindergarten. We learn our colors, shapes, to share and get along with others. As we grow older our processes become more advanced. We have to learn to be on our own, learn to succeed, to fail, to overcome disappointments, to learn to let go and move on, to stand up for what we believe and to basically learn how to pursue life, love and happiness.

One of my favorite athletes growing up was Michael Jordan. He just celebrated his 50th birthday. He is quoted saying  “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”  Basketball was such a big part of my life this was one of my favorite quotes. Such is life as well; If you never take risks, if you never fail or if you never step out of your comfort zone you never truly experience the “process” of this short life. 

So life is a big process: we all maintain some sort of faith that we are training and working towards the right process for ourselves. The past few years have been a struggle for me. I’ve struggled with God’s purpose for me. Where does He want me to be? What is the big picture for me? Where is my process taking me? This life is so short: As Kenny Chesney says “Don’t Blink.” The past few years I have come to the realization that our Life process is to put our faith in God and trust in Him in all that we do. He wants to help us with the big decisions of our lives. So talk to him and ask His opinion. Phillipians 4: 6-7 says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” His answer may not always be what we want, but in the long run if we have faith His outcome will far outweigh anything we ever imagined. 

So what is your process? Do you trust and have faith that God’s plan is much better than your plan? It took me a few years to grasp this concept. He knows much more about my journey than I do. So this week: Have faith and “Trust the Process.” God never promised that life would be easy, but if we believe in Him and honor Him in all that we do, our rewards in heaven will be much more than we could ever accomplish or gain here on Earth. 

Have a great week and Trust God’s process!!


Verse of the week:

Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”


Song of the week: In God’s Time by Randy Houser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71nKSAkvRos

No comments:

Post a Comment