Sunday, February 3, 2013

Have you seen God today?


We as human beings often see what we pay attention to. If our vision is focused on negative then usually all we see is negative. If we focus on the positive then usually we tend to pay attention to the positive aspects our lives. 

So where is God in our every day lives? I was talking to my sister the other day about the miracle of a child being born. How can you not believe in God when knowing that another human being is being shaped and formed inside a mother's womb? Arms, legs, a stomach and a brain are all being developed. This is a miracle that only God could control. 

But still we often ask ourselves....Where is God? He is prevalent in our busy every day lives. It may be a rainbow, snow, a beautiful sunset or even standing and watching the ocean. My favorite place on Earth is the beach. I love standing in awe watching and listening the sound of the ocean. It is there I find peace and know that when the tide sweeps beneath my feet and the sand nestles between my toes that God is truly amazing. One of my best friends and I have a saying every time we sit in our chairs that "This is the life." You can see Him everywhere....

The past couple of years I have started going hiking. Nature is one the most intriguing views of God's creation. The trees, sounds and views generate a feeling of closeness of God. To sit and listen to the waterfalls and listen to all the different sounds allows His presence to be felt. 

So where is God in your life? Look around at all the blessings He has given you. Focus on the good things and worry less about the bad things. One of the most important callings of our Christian faith is to let people see God in us. One of my favorite sayings is "that you may be the only Bible some people ever read." Scary though....but so true. Let your "lifesong" be pleasing to Him. Be kind, smile and try to be pleasant in all that you do, for you never know who may be watching. Don't be afraid to let your light shine!!!  So the next time you are driving to work, going for a run, visiting a hospital, talking to a friend, competing in a game or looking up at the stars....Look for God! He is everywhere!

In closing, I want to share one of my favorite songs with you. It is George Strait's I Saw God Today. 
Below is the link to the song...sometimes we don't look for Him near as often as we should. 


I encourage all of you to look for God in your every day life!!! 
Hope all of you have a blessed week!


                                                       I saw God today......Did you????????


Until next time...."God is 1st
                            Family and Friends are 2nd
                            And I Am 3rd!" Gayle Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment