Sunday, January 12, 2014

Time to Fill Up

Many of us drive some sort of vehicle to get us where we need to go. Most of these vehicles require gas or to be charged up to help us reach our destinations. If our car gets low on gas, most of us will see a light pop up or hear a ding that reminds us it's time to "Fill Up." Or if you drive an electric vehicle, I'm sure that your vehicle starts to slow down a little or there is some sort of reminder that it is time to charge up.

Just as our vehicles require fuel or a charge to run, so do we. I often think of myself as a vehicle. I wake up in the morning, usually go for a run, shower and read my daily devotion and write in my quote journal...oh and usually drink my one cup of coffee to ensure for a burst of energy. I'm on the go most of the day and rarely sit down long or have any down time. I like to stay busy. Each one of us fuels our mind and body with some sort of routine each day. What are you filling your tank with each day?

As I get older, I look at my life and how I want it to be filled with positive energy, enthusiasm, encouragement and love. I try to keep myself in the best shape possible and fuel my body with the right things. The Bible tells us in 1 Corinthians 6:19 that our body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit that is within you. To live the life that God has planned out for us, I believe that when we get on "Empty", we need to start fueling ourselves with those things, people, words and thoughts that are pleasing to Him. Find those people that you can talk to that help fill up your tank with optimism, kindness and gratefulness. They can act as your gas station when you feel like your life is on empty.
Or I have found the best "Filling Station" is in a quiet place where it's just you and God. Talk to him, ask him to fill you back up and recharge your batteries.

We all have experienced those times when our tank is on empty. We feel hopeless, helpless and discouraged because of certain situations that have happened to us. It's crucial for us to ride on empty too long so we don't run out of gas. I believe one of our missions here on Earth is to help others fill their tank with hope, kindness, faith and love.

So think about what's filling up your tank? And when you get on empty, don't forget to stop by and see Him to fill up your tank.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment